GIDEON
Judges 7- The stories of Gideon in this book-The Bible :)- are so amazing. In this story in chapter 7, Gideon started with an army of 32,000 he was going to use to conquer Midian. The Midianites and their buddies were "settled in the valley, thick as locusts. Their camels could no more be counted than the sand on the seashore." Over the course of the story, God dwindled Gideon's army down to 300 men. On purpose. Then he tells Gideon to go kick some butt. 300 men against tens of thousands. And He does it---God, that is. God does the impossible.

Read this quote: "God wants the praise for what we do in our lives. But if we never pray audacious, courageous prayers, how can He answer them? If we never follow Him to positions where we need Him, how can He show up and make His presence known?...When I live by my own power and strength, relying solely on my natural talents to see me through, then people naturally praise me for how I am living. But when I am living in a way that requires me to depend on the Holy Spirit, people respond by praising my Father in heaven."-good ol' Francis Chan again--"Forgotten God"

God, I want to live this way. Give me an impossible life. Take me deep, Lord, into your wild ways. Until there is nothing left of me.




Comments

Popular Posts