30 Things in 30 Days- Birthday wrap-up

What a crazy weekend this has been. Thanks so much for the many birthday wishes. I loved each one of them. I promised to finish updating the rest of my birthday, so here goes...

We started off our morning by hitting the grandaddy of yard sales. So much crap, maybe a few treasures, so many people. I took a picture of a bunch of old suitcases. It made me wonder about the stories they would tell of their adventures if they could talk. We didn't stay there very long. I did buy something, though. An old book for 50 cents. :)



Then we headed out for our picnic. I took the fam to one of my favorite spots (so far) on the planet. It's this amazing magical place out in the middle of the woods that has these springs that bubble up out of the ground. These pictures don't do it justice. It's like a fairyland. Ben called it a "heavenly bog" which was true! I plan to go back there soon and just take a chair and do some writing by the water. It's so beautiful and peaceful. If you ever want a fun day trip email me for the details. I think everyone needs a special place or two that feels like heaven on earth. What's yours?


Then we celebrated until the wee hours of the morning, because my son Evan graduated from high school. We also headed to Redding for a day of celebration with friends and family there. You think I'd be partied out, but I'm not. It's 11:25pm and I'm wide awake.


I've been trying to think about where to go from here with this blog. There are so many great suggestions from all of you that I didn't get to do. I feel like I've started this new adventure and I just don't want to stop. Anyway, it's something I'm thinking about. Stay tuned for more of my thoughts about this in the next couple of days...

Thanks for traveling this road with me for the last 30 days. I hope it inspired you to live a better story.

Comments

Popular Posts