30 Things in 30 Days-Day 20

Honestly, today was inspired by my son Evan. Although he didn't actually suggest anything for me to do, I thought about him a lot today. I've been sifting through pictures for his graduation party and it has brought back so many memories.



Evan is tough and aggressive and so very smart. He can argue almost anyone under the table and has a slight mean streak at times. He is handsome and stubborn and sees the world as black and white. He is a very private person, he has a great smile, he is athletic and so many other qualities I could describe. But the best thing about Evan is the fierce love and devotion to his family and the people he cares about. As his Senior year winds down and we get ready to say goodbye to another son who is joining our military to serve his country, I couldn't be more proud. I'm enjoying every single day until July 11th while he still sleeps in the bedroom across the hall from me. I find myself trying to keep my priorities straight for the next couple of months, and that might mean I seem distant to some people and activities. If I say NO to some things that I would normally participate in, it's because I don't want to miss a thing. The whole point of this experiment is to live a better story, so that is what I focused on for day 20. Evan, I love you and I'm so very proud of you.

Comments

Popular Posts