THE GRATITUDE CHALLENGE

I came across a blog yesterday that talked about something called "The Gratitude Challenge". The basic idea is that every time you stress out or get anxious about something, turn it into an occasion of gratitude. WAIT! If you're like me just browsing, you're getting ready to hit that little "x" in the corner and close this window, but I encourage you to give this a chance.
I know it sounds cheezy. When I first read it I thought of Mary Poppins and her spoonful of sugar. Or something a purple dinosaur would say. Or Oprah. But then I tried it.
In the last 8 hours I've thanked God for a quiet house that was scaring the h-e-doublehockeysticks out of me. I ended up having some pretty cool time at home alone. This morning I was missing my kids. Then I told God I was grateful for Ethan's laugh, Allie's wackiness, Evan's hugs and Ellis'...well his Ellisness. He's gonna love that new word.
The point is, I feel better. I'm talking to God and He's listening. It's not a huge thing. It's not going to make everything perfect. It really doesn't change anything. Except for maybe me.

Try it. You'll like it.


Colossians 3:14-15

14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Comments

  1. I LOVE this Jenna! I'm going to work on being more grateful today too. It's easy to get caught up in everything else and forget to take in all that we have that is wonderful.

    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there! Let's keep in touch. (Sorry, only subscribers/members of this blog can comment.)

Popular Posts