Goodbye Ed

When Ed the cat was a baby, Evan found him in the bushes on the way home from school. The vet said he most likely was hit by a car or kicked. He quickly became part of our family. Most mornings when I was curled up with a cup of hot coffee on the couch, I would see this face peeking in the window at me, waiting for his breakfast. Ed lived outside, except on the coldest of Oregon days.

We are moving today, and last night Ed went to live with his new family. Joni and Rachel are animal lovers and neighbors extraordinaire. I doubt Ed will even miss us. But I think I'm gonna miss that face.

Comments

  1. Aw. I loved Ed. I will always remember the time I got to clean his poop out and feed him while you were away and he was a little kitty :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there! Let's keep in touch. (Sorry, only subscribers/members of this blog can comment.)

Popular Posts