SCRIPT FRENZY DAY 19

I'm still sick. I went to the doctor and got some medicine so I should be feeling better soon.

Today I was thinking about setting. During breaks at work I like to go for walks around the neighborhood behind our building. There is this little old house on a corner that fascinates me. It has so much character, even with the boarded up windows and rickety roof. Sometimes I just stand and stare at it. I wonder who used to live there, and what the neighborhood looked like when they did. I wonder if they sat on the porch in the evenings, if kids played in the yard. I wonder how old it is. The more I stare at this old house the more potential stories come bubbling up.

Setting is important. I think that sometimes even places like this old house could be considered a character in a story. It makes you think, doesn't it?

Comments

Popular Posts