ANCHORED

Just noticed my last post. "She's Back". Ha. Yeah. My intention was to begin blogging regularly again. To create something worth reading every week. To share thoughts, dreams, ideas. To write something worth reading.
But sometimes life gets in the way of my intentions, and energy that would be spent on blogging is spent in other places. Worthy places. Big, scary places. But places that are far away from my couch and blanket and hot cup of coffee, or my little office scattered with photographs of the people I love.
So today I will just share where I'm at. Right here, right now. Maybe one day soon I will recap past days, but for now I will just be present in the here and now.
My eyes are seeing and my ears are hearing new things. My borders are widening and my roots deepening. And I'm learning that most of the time the easy thing is not the best thing. I'm learning that when you are in the middle of the hard things, you are often called to harder things.
But I know where my anchor is buried, far beneath the wind and the waves. It keeps me steady, and it keeps me from dashing myself against the rocks or floating out to sea. This anchor keeps me from drifting to shore, where I will lose myself in the mediocrity of a tentative life.
God help me to trust you, when the waters rise and my world is shaken. You are my refuge and my one safe place. In you alone there is hope.


Psalm 46:1-3
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though it's waters roar and foam, and the mountains quake with their surging."

Comments

Popular Posts