ORDINARY DAY

I'm starting to see my day with new eyes.
It's so easy to fall into the steady hummm of our work day and respond to the urgency of busy moments, isn't it? My busy moments add up to busy days and busy weeks and before I know it I'm grieving the loss of something I didn't really have a name for in the first place.
I dream of being uncomfortable. I know it sounds weird, but I dream of doing things that make me uncomfortable. Giving more money, feeding the homeless, lavishing love on orphans and widows and angry next door neighbors. Traveling to far away places and being the hero. But when it comes right down to it I often choose to be comfortable. I choose to lean back into what I did yesterday and tell myself maybe tomorrow I will be brave.
How do I know when to 'wait' and when I should do something different and go all Goff and kick down some doors?
I'm still figuring that out, honestly.
But one thing I do know - I have to start where I am.
Today I will see people I know and some I don't. I'm praying I will have eyes to see the needs right next to me. I pray I will be brave enough to give sacrificially and ask questions and be uncomfortable and be a friend to someone. I pray I will be courageous enough to knock on new doors. I pray I'll notice the things most people don't notice, and have the courage to be secretly incredible. And I'll pray for more of it tomorrow.

I will start right here with this ordinary day.


Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts