Renee's Heart


My friend Renee suffered an excruciating and sudden tragedy last week. Those of us who know her are painfully aware this isn't her first time swimming through crashing waves of heartache and loss. I sat down this morning to write her something that would bring her comfort; something to soothe the cracks in her heart. I can't. That's the god-awful truth of the thing. We all know it.

You see, nothing is going to make this okay.

Doug and Renee's teenage daughter went to bed --- and woke up in heaven. No warning. Just like that. Gone.

Who am I to offer any kind of comfort to a family who is starting a new week without their girl? Let's be honest; even if God himself came down and gave them an explanation, it wouldn't be good enough. Lindsey is gone, and they didn't get to tell her goodbye or whisper love into her ear before she slipped away. It's not fair.

But here's the thing; even in the midst of her suffering, Renee sees light. Even in the dark crawlspace of her grief, she is fixing her eyes on Love. There's just something that compels her arms to open wide to her babies and her husband and she breathes, just breathes. She keeps the light close and her little ones closer.

She is in shock, she is withering, she is drowning slowly, but she continues to kick. Her heart continues to beat to the rhythm of her faith.

Renee is a safe place for many, because she has walked the dark path and survived it. I hate that this is true, but it is. She is beautiful and authentic and I have found breathtaking comfort in her presence. And today, as her friend, I will watch as she swims and struggles and kicks through wave after wave. I will be changed by it.

Hers is a heart that is scarred and beautiful. Love does that to us, you know. We live in a world that isn't fair. We live in a world that will cut us deeply if we choose to give our hearts away. The more we love, the more we are vulnerable to the scarring.

Complete Love always leaves scars. There is proof of this in Renee and in her children and in Doug and in the lives of others who have walked this path.

And there is proof in the wrists of God himself.

Love tells us to keep swimming, Love tells us to kick and breathe, Love tell us to keep the light close. And this morning I pray for Renee and Doug.












Comments

  1. I don't know you, but I do know Renee, and you have written so beautifully and accurately of who Renee is. You are right, there are no words to convey how we all feel and ache for her and her family. She has the strength of her God behind her, with her, within her...just a shining example of our Lord, and in her heartache and despair and brokenness, she still somehow shines a bright light. Thank you for seeing her and sharing who she truly is. Much love and prayers are sent her way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK URGENTLY AFTER A BREAKUP OR DIVORCE!.
    Hi everyone,
    I'm so excited. My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup, I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
    My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy. i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Azeez can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 17 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Azeez if you have any problem contact Dr Azeez now and i guarantee you that he will help you. Here’s his contact.
    Email him at: Email him at: Azeezabdulahi12@gmail.com
    you can also call him or add him on what’s-app: +2348160153829

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAST AND GENUINE LOVE SPELL CASTER TO SETTLE YOUR RELATIONSHIP OR MARRIAGE PROBLEMS OF ALL KINDS email: odionspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347038832903.
    Special thanks to a powerful spell caster Called Dr. Odion who brought my lost lover back with 48hours and since i contact him through email: odionspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347038832903. my life has turn around for good, me and my husband are the best couple in world  since i contacted this man for help through email: odionspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347038832903. for fast response believe me that you will find happiness when this man for work you...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there! Let's keep in touch. (Sorry, only subscribers/members of this blog can comment.)

Popular Posts